Deputy Head of Claims (Eastern) - Job Description
Reports to: Head of Claims (Eastern)
Overall Role Purpose:
To support and deputise for the Head of Claims in providing a first-class claims service to members for all classes of the company’s business to facilitate the fulfilment of the company’s business objectives.
1) To support the Head of Claims in managing the team to deliver the best possible and appropriate service to the Club’s members by:
· Monitoring the team’s workload, allocating claims and effectively delegating tasks within the capability of individuals within the team to maximise efficiency.
· Motivating and developing the team by demonstrating good leadership qualities through the use of management best practice and through the implementation of the Company’s Performance Management processes, to facilitate the development of individuals within the team in order to optimise their contributions to business objectives.
· Contributing to the ongoing assessment of management of resource requirements within the team to meet the company’s service standards.
· Discussing and recommending estimates on claims with the Claims Team and agreeing the strategy for resolution of such claims in strict accordance with the company’s requirements which may vary from time to time, particularly for the more junior members of the Claims Team
· Supporting the Claims Team with P&I claims in excess of Team Leader’s authority and active reporting/monitoring of those claims with the Claims Director(s).
· In respect of FD&D claims within the team, maintaining effective liaison with the Deputy Director of Defence claims and Claims Management, for example, where resource issues arise, multiple FD&D claim files are to be re-allocated and where new matters and/or Membership issues arise which have or may have an FD&D impact
· Taking a designated role in the Company’s business continuity plans as may be required.
· Auditing Claims Team claims files in accordance with the company’s requirements.
· Delivering reports to the company’s Board and externally as may be required.
2) To handle allocated claims and undertake claims related tasks as requested in compliance with the Claims Department’s guidelines to provide optimal claims services to the Club’s Members within designated authority levels including:
· assessing risk and liability through collecting, analysing and assimilating information
· providing advice or recommendations to Members, on claims handling strategy to resolve the claim in the most cost effective and expedient manner
· raising estimates, processing payments and reimbursements
· maintaining regular reviews of claims and estimates
· maintaining appropriate diary review in respect of time bars and key dates
· general administration and organisation including orderly document management of both electronic and paper files to ensure ready accessibility in view of business continuity planning and to accord with good health and safety practice.
3) Attending and delivering both internal and external training seminars and programmes as required.
4) Supporting the Club’s knowledge management practices by disseminating relevant information and data to the Team and other Departments as appropriate
5) Relationship Management through:
· liaising with all departments and provide cross support as required to further the Club’s strategic objectives with both an internal and external focus.
· Visiting Members and others to maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and service providers to enhance service delivery in accordance with the Club’s business guidelines and development objectives.