Reports to: Infrastructure manager
Overall Role Purpose:
For all WEST owned IT systems the post holder is accountable for:
- Supporting the Infrastructure Manager to deliver comprehensive IT services to the organisation globally, by assisting in the management and setup of the organisation’s IT systems and applications and providing cover to ensure that the company’s computer facilities in all offices and wide area networks are always effectively supported from a technical standpoint.
- Management of key suppliers of infrastructure services, e.g., Cloud, Networks, Hosting, Security services, to agreed performance criteria.
The post holder will support the infrastructure manager in all aspects of the management and control of WEST’s IT infrastructure globally. The detailed responsibilities include:
- Successfully Implement and test new infrastructure projects and solutions.
- Implement and maintain business critical applications across all environments.
- Keep knowledge up to date, research and recommend modern technologies.
- Ensure the organisation’s technical infrastructure is available and secure.
- Prioritise and resolve any business-critical issues as they arise.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the technical infrastructure.
- Review and check information/logs of all critical systems.
- Create and maintain reports of the state of the technical infrastructure.
- Support the Infrastructure manager in the management of all key infrastructure suppliers.
10. Demonstrate effective communication skills, work comfortably face-to-face and remotely with staff at all levels in a professional manner to resolve issues to their satisfaction.
12. Use the helpdesk system to promptly respond to end users within appropriate SLAs; resolve or assign calls as required to other members of the team or third-party providers/engineers.
13. To perform any other duties as and when requested in connection with the business of the Club.
To be successful in this role the infrastructure technician will need excellent technical and communication and influencing skills. They will work collaboratively across the organisation and work to balance the operational and financial constraints of technology provision with the expanding business requirements of automation and agility. As a small team the post holder will be called upon to perform all aspects of the roll in all technologies and should be comfortable with the full range of infrastructure disciplines from Hosting on site to cloud, networks, security, management of End user compute and Print solutions. They will stay up to date with all emerging trends in the IT industry. This is a fantastic role for a technical manager looking to experience a broad range of technical responsibilities within one role.