Reports to: Financial and Management Accountant
Overall Role Purpose:
To carry out various financial, accounting, administrative and clerical tasks relating to the business of the West of England Group of companies with the overall purpose of ensuring that financial transactions are carried out, recorded, reported and controlled in an accurate, timely and secure manner.
Travel and Expenses
- Credit Card Statements (Lloyds and American Express) Ensure that all expenditure on the statements is correctly supported and entered correctly on the Expenses system. Chase staff where supporting documentation has not been provided and ensure that the statement is paid in a timely manner. Prepare monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet account 70010.
- Travel – Flights - ATP invoices – All flight bookings have been correctly approved, allocated to the relevant trip and that the Amex statement is reconciled and paid on a monthly basis.
- Collect all receipts returned from trips and review submitted Expenses ensuring that all expenses have been accounted for.
- Reconcile Coda to the Expenses system and provide monthly reconciliations for Balance Sheet account 75500 (Travel Suspense).
- Act as cover for the Assistant Accountant (Treasury) in respect of Travel cash - Ensuring that all currency requested is available, in a timely manner, for the traveller, currency returned is booked and cash spent is correctly approved and allocated.
Balance Sheet & Transaction System Reconciliations
- Assist the Management Accountant with the preparation of various Coda Balance Sheet reconciliations, including the intercompany current accounts and Member Creditors.
- Monitor daily batch work controls in order to ensure IS remedy failed transactions on a timely basis
- Prepare monthly reconciliations that are critical to the financial control of the underwriting, claims and expenses systems interface with the accounting system, for review by Management Account.
- Monitor and report upon bail granted by the Club.
- Assist the Management Accountant with quarterly closedown tasks including the preparation of trial balances for all branches of the Services S.A. company and the posting of year end accruals.
- Assist the Management Accountant with the preparation of periodic tax returns as required (US FET, UK VAT, Singapore GST and various IPT returns)
- Assist Treasury where required by posting all Citibank receipts of cash daily, as well as monitoring receipts received into Lloyds Bank in order to ensure timely reporting to Credit Control
- Provide cover for Treasury on an ad hoc basis by accessing Banking and Credit Card online systems