Underwriting Assistant (job description)
Reports to: Deputy Head of Underwriting (London)
Overall Role Purpose:
To provide support to Underwriters in the handling of Members, potential members and their brokers underwriting requirements, as set out in the Underwriting Policy, procedures and the Association’s Business Plan.
- School leaver/ Graduate
- Strong A levels
- Good communication skills
- Good MS Computer skills
Underwriting: To assist the Underwriter in collating and analysing data to allow assessment of the potential liability, exposure and appropriate rating levels for new and existing business by;
- Ensuring entries are added to the computer within the time frames set out in the Underwriting service standards.
- the monitoring, update and evaluation of the renewal Metrics, the Claims and Loss Prevention questionnaires, the Appeal and Discretion processes, and renewal progress generally;
- the update, enhancement, and control of the Club’s ‘Know Your Client’ requirements, including assisting underwriters perform enquiries of Members to meet those requirements;
- prepare (re)insurance declarations as required, including annual, periodic, and ad-hoc declarations to brokers in respect of the (re)insurances placed by the Club;
- Processing all entry documentation relating to the fleet’s entries with the Association in an efficient and timely manner.
- Adhering strictly to current underwriting guidelines and procedures.
- Ensuring the accurate updating of the computer to reflect the agreed renewal terms of entry.
- Ensuring the efficient and timely production of all renewal documentation relating to the fleet’s entry with the Association.
- Liaising with the credit control department in order to check the up to date debt position as part of the renewal assessment process.
- To work of the Underwriter
to ensure that certification and other documentation is produced and
dispatched in a timely manner and meets the Underwriting department
- Preparing ad hoc analysis and reports as directed.
- Maintaining orderly manual and computer files in accordance with the Underwriting Department service standards.
- Maintaining accurate records on marketing and business development by maintaining and updating of SWOT analysis.
- Monitoring member’s fleet development and reporting any material changes as appropriate.
- Meeting Members and brokers as required and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and service providers to enhance service delivery.
- To perform any other duties as may be requested in connection with any of the business of the Club.