The Club has seen an increase in Covid outbreaks occurring on our Members’ vessels. Below are a series of questions that Members can use as an aide de memoir, which will assist in the analysis of the COVID 19 incidents on board their vessels.
- Does the vessel know where the infection originates?
- When was the last crew change?
- How long after the last crew
change was the first positive diagnosis for COVID-19?
- When did the on-signing crew
depart their home country?
- Did the on-signing crew have a negative PCR test before leaving the home country?
the on-signing crew undergo quarantine ashore before they join the vessel?
- Did the on-signing crew have a
negative PCR test before boarding the vessel?
- Who was the first person to show symptoms, and had they interacted with a third party (A person other than a crew member) before they became infected?
- Where do you believe the first
person was infected?
- Can you provide a list of the infected crew, their nationalities and their symptoms?
- How many of the crew received
vaccinations before joining the vessel?
- What is the current programme of
vaccinations for Members’ crew now and in the future?
- As a result of this have you made alterations to your COVID-19 protocols?
The Member should consider the questions are not intended to penalise the crews but to understand where and how improvements to COVID-19 protocols can be made to lessen the impact of operational disruptions and ensure this does not happen on other vessels.
The Loss Prevention department is available to assist the Members and all information will be treated in the strictest confidence.