No. 9 - Invoices
The Club would like to advise all Correspondents, Lawyers, Surveyors and other Sub Contractors employed by the Club and/or the Member on both Class I and Class II cases that, with effect from 20 February 1997, invoices should only be submitted to the Club and/or to the Member if they contain the following minimum information:-
- Vessel name.
- Description of incident and date.
- Date of invoice.
- Period covered.
- Invoice number.
- The Club file reference and name or initials of the Claims Handler dealing with the file in the Club’s offices.
- File reference of the Correspondent or Sub Contractor.
- The name of each individual in respect of whose work the invoice has been submitted.
- The number of hours that individual has spent working on the case, by date.
- The inclusive hourly charge for that individual.
- The total amount chargeable in respect of each individual’s work.
- Where Sub Contractors (eg Surveyors) are appointed by a Club Correspondent or Lawyer instructed by the Club, that Correspondent or Lawyer shall ensure that the Sub Contractor submits a bill containing the same information specified in this Circular.
Invoices should be addressed to the Member in accordance with the Circular to Correspondents dated October 1995.
We would also like to remind Correspondents and Sub Contractors of the contents of the Notice to Members and Correspondents number 4 1995/96 dated October 1995, setting out details of VAT requirements in respect of services provided within the EU. If any recipient of this Circular has not received Circular number 4 1995/96, or the Circular to Correspondents of October 1995, please apply to the Managers for a copy.
A specimen invoice format showing how the information required by this Circular may be set out is attached.
West of England Insurance Services (Luxembourg) S.A.
To: Owners of MV HAPPY BULKER
101 Shipowners Street
To: Owners of MV HAPPY BULKER
c/o West of England Insurance Services (Luxembourg) S.A.
Tower Bridge Court
226 Tower Bridge Road
London SE1 2UP
|Vessel Name:||MV HAPPY BULKER|
|Incident and Date:||Wet damage/shortage to wheat cargo - 20/3/96|
|Date of Invoice:||15/7/96|
|Period Covered:||20/3/96 to 5/5/96|
|Invoice Number:||XYZ 123|
|Our ref:||ADF 456|
|Work performed: Receiving instructions from Club; telcons with Owners agent, instruction of surveyor, discussions with harbour master, preliminary fax report to Owners/Club.|
|Work performed: Attendance at warehouse with surveyor. Discussions with agent, receiver and customs. Negotiation re wording of guarantee. Telephone report to Club, fax to Owners/Club. Meeting at harbour master’s office.|
|Work performed: Discussion with surveyor re draft survey report. Meeting with receivers. Fax and telephone contact with prospective cargo purchaser. Fax report to Owner/Club.|
|Travel costs and disbursements (per attached vouchers)||
|Surveyor’s fee (copy invoice* attached)||
*To contain same minimum information