Piracy Update - Best Management Practices Version 4 Published
Following further consultation with industry, the fourth edition of “Best Management Practices for Protection against Somalia Based Piracy” (BMP4) has now been published. The amendments were made with the involvement and support of the International Group of P&I Clubs.
The contents of BMP4 have been updated to include:
- Expanded reporting requirements for liaison with Naval/Military forces
- Company and ship Master’s planning sections in a checklist format
- Further advice on the use of ship protection measures
- Additional guidance on the use of citadels
- A copy of the MSCHOA Vessel Movement Registration Form
- Additional advice for leisure craft including yachts
Members are urged to place copies aboard their vessels and ensure that the advice is followed.
If Members require a high definition copy of the latest edition of Best Management Practices please contact the Loss Prevention department.